Aller au contenu

Nightbreed - Clive Barker (1990)

Rocket33r

Messages recommandés

• Réponses 64
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben c'est surtout que les blu-ray de la collection Shout sont zonés, et comme je le disais je ne sais sur quel topic, ils reprennent les droits de la plupart des petits et gros classiques du genre...dont une grande partie toujours inédits en France, et le resteront sans doute longtemps...

• 9 months later...

At last! Details/art for Scream Factory’s “NIGHTBREED: The Director’s Cut” Blu-ray/DVD

The restoration that horror fans everywhere have been waiting for is arriving just in time for Halloween: Shout! Factory has revealed a street date and other info for its Scream Factory release of Clive Barker’s Director’s Cut of NIGHTBREED, which will have two different editions.

Barker’s much-troubled adaptation of his novel CABAL has, of course, played around festivals in a CABAL CUT crammed with every last bit of recovered footage. Now the movie is set to arrive as NIGHTBREED: The Director’s Cut October 28, in a 5,000-unit Limited Edition three-Blu-ray set and a Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD combo. The Limited Edition will consist of:

• Disc 1: Unrated Director’s Cut of the film on Blu-ray

• Disc 2: The 1990 R-rated theatrical version of the film on Blu-ray (through a special licensing agreement through Warner Bros.)

• Disc 3: Exclusive-to-this-set Bonus Blu-ray disc packed with extras (details forthcoming)

• Collector’s book with an essay and rare photos

• Slipcase including newly designed artwork approved by Clive Barker

The two-disc Special Edition will contain the Unrated Director’s Cut on both Blu-ray and DVD, with bonus features to be announced. The Limited Edition will retail for $79.97, and the Special Edition for $29.93; those who order the Limited Edition directly from Shout! Factory’s website will receive an exclusive 18 x 24-inch poster of the new artwork while supplies last.

The Director’s Cut will contain restored film footage, as opposed to the video scenes on view in THE CABAL CUT. Says Barker, in an official statement, “This is film history and beyond my wildest dreams of realization. When Scream Factory told me that they found the NIGHTBREED film footage I was gob-smacked! This is the ultimate validation of choices made by myself and Mark Miller [of Seraphim Films] all the way back in 2008. As we embarked down the road of attempting to track down the lost footage, we looked at each other and said, ‘Maybe one day they’ll find it.’ It’s my pleasure to announce that the day has come.

“Speaking personally, I didn’t allow myself to believe that it would. Even if we did find some footage (which we did in 2009 in the form of heavily degraded VHS tapes) and even if we did find a company willing to release the film (which we did in 2013 with Scream Factory, God bless them) the prospect of finding the actual lost film materials was remoter than I’d wanted to admit out loud. If the footage could not be found by those who had worked closest on it the same year it had been released, then what were the odds we’d be able to find anything 20 years on? But Scream Factory, in their commendable determination, kept up the search and thanks to them total reconstruction has been made a possibility.

“There’s never been a reconstruction that’s had as little chance of succeeding and yet has succeeded on as many fronts as this film has. It’s unprecedented. To now have a movie that we can put together in the way that I fully intended it to be seen when I first set out to make this film in 1989 is extraordinary. The project has moved inexorably to this conclusion. Fate and the hard work of individuals such as Mark Miller, Russell Cherrington, Phil and Sarah Stokes, Occupy Midian, Morgan Creek, and ultimately, Scream Factory have made this a possibility and I could not be happier.”

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Revu hier sur le fameux Director's Cut de Shout. Mon avis sur l'utilité de cette version n'a pas changé, ou plutôt il a empiré...

Déjà pour ce qui est du film en lui-même, c'est vrai que c'est un sacré bordel : moi ça me plaît, j'ai grandi en le regardant, mais à le revoir dans d'excellentes conditions, on voit quand même des choses magnifiques, et d'autres assez Z. Le couple de héros est insipide, des perso sont destinés à pas grand chose (l'inspecteur de police, Sherry Ann...). Et je maintiens que malgré tout, la version remontée (merci Mark Goldblatt) est bien meilleure. Qu'est ce qu'on a coupé au fond ? Des longueurs. La scène du cabaret et cette scène d'hallucination cul n'ont rien à faire là, et c'est d'un kitsch vraiment mal venu. Il y a quelques plans de monstres qui se font dégommer, et puis ? On avait déjà de l'empathie pour eux, c'était déjà assez clair dans la version courte. La fin est quand même plus cohérente, plus achevée. Mais toute la scène sur la colline est un peu poussive...

Pour le reste, le film me fascine encore par son côté assez unique : de la fantasy horror comme Barker en écrivait, pas le genre d'histoires facile à adapter, surtout à une période du cinéma fantastique où personne ne voulait voir ça. Toute la scène où Lorie découvre Midian reste quand même le plus beau moment du film, avec une belle force d'évocation, une vraie immersion, un bestiaire délirant...pour le reste, ça a hélas un peu vieilli.

• 4 months later...

Après le DC, c'est le Cabal Cut qui débarque en BR : il s'agit de la même version mais avec encore 12 minutes de film qui ont été nettoyé depuis. Je ne sais pas trop si c'était déjà dans le cut vu au PIFF (il ne semblait rien manquer dans le DC). J'espère qu'il y aura au moins la fameuse scène entre Shuna Shassi et Peloquin...

http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2017/09/02/nightbreed-the-cabal-cut-blu-ray-release-update/

La bonne nouvelle c'est que ce sera region free. La mauvaise, c'est que si j'ai bien compris, l'édition est limitée à 200 exemplaires...ou alors peut-être parlent-ils d'une version deluxe avec des bidules et des machins. Et rien n'est indiqué s'il y aura au moins des ST anglais...

cabal-cut.jpg?resize=1024%2C1024

• 1 year later...

• Créer...