Aller au contenu

Alexander - Oliver Stone (2005)

Steve

Messages recommandés

Je remets mon avis à l'époque de la sortie du film pour situer. [quote]Bon ben moi j'ai tout simplement adoré. Scénario passionnant, pour moi l'immersion dans cette époque et leurs différentes civilisations est réussie. C'est très bien dialogué, les performances de Farrel et Jolie sont remarquables (je suis moins convaincu par Kilmer par contre), je me suis pas fait chier une seconde. La bataille contre la Perse est sublime, évitant les erreurs de leurs homologues du Seigneur des Anneaux et bien évidemment, de Troie : du gigantisme, mais humain. Le tout sur fond de Vangelis, Théo m'avait prévenu, le score est incroyable. "Alexandre" le grand... film ! (et je suis pas groooos fan de Stone à la base)[/quote] C'est donc avec impatience que j'attends la sortie DVD. En zone 1 (Warner), on aura droit à deux éditions : une contenant la version cinéma et une contenant la director's cut (cette dernière étant, une fois n'est pas coutume, plus courte de 8 minutes que la version cinéma). 2 DVD pour chacune de ses éditions. Sortie le 2 Aout [quote]Alexander: Theatrical (2-Disc Special Edition) * 175-minute Theatrical Cut * 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen * English and French DD5.1 Surround * English, French and Spanish subtitles * Audio commentary by director Oliver Stone and historian Robin Lane Fox * Resurrecting Alexander documentary exploring the filming of Alexander * Perfect is the Enemy of God documentary - Provides an indepth look at the details that go into the filming of an epic * Vangelis scores Alexander soundtrack featurette Alexander: Director's Cut (2-Disc Widescreen and Full Screen Editions) * 167-minute Director's Cut * English DD5.1 Surround * English, French and Spanish subtitles * Audio commentary by director Oliver Stone * Resurrecting Alexander documentary exploring the filming of Alexander * Perfect is the Enemy of God documentary - Provides an indepth look at the details that go into the filming of an epic * Vangelis scores Alexander soundtrack featurette * The Death of Alexander - Carries interviews with the cast on how they prepared for their roles[/quote] [img]http://img47.echo.cx/img47/2382/alexanderdcr1artworkpic0kc.jpg[/img] En zone 2, le 3 Aout, on aura droit à deux éditions également (chez Pathé). Une simple et une collector 3 DVD, cette dernière devant contenir les deux montages. [img]http://www.ecranlarge.com/images/dvd/fiches/jaquettes/recto/2fc32944dcce1058b52ee0ee354cda3c.jpg[/img]

Une vrai déception pour moi, même si le film possède des passages vraiment superbes et quelques tours de force (des batailles vraiment bien filmées et quelques plans magnifiques) il est vraiment bancale et manque parfois de souffle ! Les acteurs par contre sont tous impeccable ! Mais je chopperai sûrement le dvd !

[quote="Allan Theo"]Et contrairement à beaucoup, j'aime beaucoup le score de Vangelis :P[/quote] Oh putain, je pense que pour des compositeurs comme ça on devrait rétablir la peine de mort ! Mes oreilles ont fait la grève de l'audition pendant une semaine pour me punir de leur avoir fait subir ça. Sinon le film est une merde.

• 1 year later...

Enfin ! Il semble que la vraie director's cut tant attendue pointe le bout de son nez pour 2007. Je commencais à ne plus y croire...

Oliver Stone's 'Alexander' Gets Another DVD Release

Source: DVD Times

By: Brad Brevet

We broke the news back in July that Oliver Stone wasn't finished with his epic Alexander as he was planning another DVD release. This coming after what was already described as The Director's Cut released in August of 2005.

Stone told us, "I'm doing a third version on DVD, not theatrical. I'm going to do a Cecile B Demille/Oliver Stone three hour forty five minute thing, I'm going to go all out, put everything I like in the movie. He was a complicated man, it was a complicated story and it doesn't hurt to make it longer and let people who loved the film and see it more and understand it more." Today news comes out of DVD Times that Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut is now officially set for release on February 27, 2007; although the running time will be 3 hours and 40 minutes not 3 hours and 45 minutes.

DVD Times is quoting a press release I am sure will be sent out wide soon saying:

The two-disc set features a new introduction by the director which reflects Stone's passion and attention to detail in getting this film exactly the way he envisioned. Says Stone, "Over the last two years I have been able to sort out some of the unanswered questions about this highly complicated and passionate monarch -- questions I failed to answer dramatically enough. This film represents my complete and last version, as it will contain all the essential footage we shot. I don't know how many filmmakers have managed to make three versions of the same film, but I have been fortunate to have the opportunity because of the success of video and DVD sales in the world, and I felt if I didn't do it now, with the energy and memory I still have for the subject, it would never quite be the same again. For me, this is the complete Alexander, the clearest interpretation I can offer."

Now restructured into two acts with an intermission, Alexander: Revisited takes a bolder, more in-depth look at Alexander's (Colin Farrell) life and his relationships with his mother, Olympias (Angelina Jolie), his father Philip (Val Kilmer), his lifelong friend and battle commander Hephaistion (Jared Leto), Roxane, his ambitious and beautiful Bactrian wife (Rosario Dawson), and his trusted general and confidant Ptolemy (Anthony Hopkins). The new film intensifies the beauty and unbelievable brutality of Alexander's pre-Christian world of social customs and morals so different from todays.

The film (now running 220mins) is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio. Beyond the new introduction with director Oliver Stone there are no other confirmed extras.

The article goes on to say that we can expect an HD DVD and Blu-ray release later in 2007. Stay tuned here as we will update the specs on the set as they are announced.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Créer...