Aller au contenu

Vampirella - Jim Wynorski - (1996)

bloknotise

Messages recommandés

2 ans aprés avoir produit la première adapation live des 4 fantastiques, Roger Corman se relance dans le comics et le comics pour adultes (non je veux dire jeunes adultes ) avec Vampirella issu de la genialissime BD de Jose Gonzales et Archie Goodwin.

Ca donne un chef d'oeuvre du bis, realisé par Wynorski avec la belle Talisa Soto (super Jamesbondgirl au coté de Carrey Lowell dans Permis de tuer), ce cabotin de chanteur des Who de Roger Daltrey et même pour le temps d'un cameo Angus "tall man" Scrimm.

A voir imperativement

Un dvd zone 1 existe et tourne depuis pas loin de 7 ans maintenant, l'anecdote rigolote c'est qu'un certain moderateur velu célèbre dans le milieu des drogues douces faisait son craneur parce que son dvd était signé de la main même du grand Jim et ça me fait bien marroner comme on dit chez moi

THIS SUCKER IS CHEESY!, December 10, 2003

Reviewer: A viewer (USA)

Vampirella the flick does not live up to the comic and this was a troubled production with very little money and it shows. Ms Soto's costume in the flick aint what she's wearin on the box since she thought she'd fall out of it and Roger Daltrey plays an alien vampire rock star who is also Dracula. Angus Scrimm is Vampirella's daddy, Soto is hot, Daltrey is OVER THE TOP and very very entertaining, there is a character called Forry Ackerman who is named after the creator of Vampirella, and the real Forry has a cameo where he's gettin down to Daltrey singin a silly song about blood in some lounge in Vegas. The special effects aint special at all and John Landis shows up as an astronaut who discovers Vampirella on Mars near the EXACT same cave that appears in another scene on Earth! An anti-vampire government agency is also hunting for Daltrey so that's why he thought attracting attention as a vampiric rock star would be a good disguise. Brilliant! Yes this is BAD, but watch it with B movie lovin friends and have fun!

very funny, March 23, 2004

Reviewer: A viewer

Vampirella is far funnier than they wanted it to be and that makes it very entertaining.

This kooky campy comic-strip concoction might be up your alley if you love movies like Plan 9.

YOU'LL LOVE IT OR HATE IT, July 7, 2004

Reviewer: Drake (USA) - See all my reviews

vampirella is a shlocky b grade movie.

she's played by a hot actress. she's very good...at times.

roger daltrey is dracula(!)... who comes from space(!)... and is a rock star too(!)!

i'm not making any of this up!

vampirella is an alien vampire too and they all come from draculon! the tall man from phantasm is vampirella's dad and he says draculon's got blood fountains or some such thing. it's all natural blood that just comes out of the bleeding planet!

daltrey/dracula escapes the planet and vampirella chases but gets stuck on mars where john landis (!) finds her and brings her to earth. she then has to stop daltrey/dracula from using a device in space to block out the sun so the vampires can make all humans vampires...and then they can all starve to death i guess!

Vampirella...., July 24, 2005

Reviewer: blackaciddevil (in the USA somewhere.....) - See all my reviews

I love vampire movies, if you've read any of my reviews you'd know that. I also love vampire comics(especially Vampirella and Purgatori). Imagine my surprise when I see Vampirella on VHS on my local movie rental shelf...I was overjoyed, especially with the fact that one of my favorite actresses(Talisa Soto) is in it in the starring role. Add to that, one of my favorite rockers(Roger Daltrey) was in it, too. Well, that joy was shattered when I popped this movie into my VCR. I expected more out of this movie and it turned out being more B-grade fodder.

The fanzine princess on the big screen!, May 21, 2003

Reviewer: Jeffrey Leeper "kem2070" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

Having been a fan of the Vampirella magazine for many years, I was happy to see it renewed as a comic book. Imagine my joy to see it on the big screen! Unfortunately, that joy was short-lived because the movie is quite low budget with a simple screenplay.

As in the fanzine, Vampirella is from the planet Drakulon, and the movie covers here beginning there. The love between her and Van Helsing, as well as her use of a formula to avoid the need for human blood, is discussed as well. She even goes against her arch-nemesis, Vlad, who is played here by Roger Daltry.

The choice of Roger Daltry puzzled me. He seems to have been chosen so that the director can make Vlad a rock star, which is not from the Vampirella story, but from Anne Rice's Lestat. Why to producers of this movie wanted this in their adaptation is odd since there is only one scene where he sings.

There is brief nudity, but it seems more gratuitous than artistic or necessary. Moreover, one of the actresses baring herself has no use to the plot whatsoever than that one moment.

If you are a fan of Vampirella, I would recommend giving this movie a skip. If you are a fan of low-budget horror, then you might want to give this one a look

• 2 years later...

C'est marrant que tout le monde trouve ce film aussi nul. Personnellement je le trouve certes mal branlé, mais plein de charme. C'est fun, décontracté et complètement débile, c'est rempli d'acteurs nuls, d'effets cheap, mais ce n'est jamais chiant et c'est plus rigolo que n'importe quel SPIDERMAN

C'est marrant que tout le monde trouve ce film aussi nul. Personnellement je le trouve certes mal branlé, mais plein de charme. C'est fun, décontracté et complètement débile, c'est rempli d'acteurs nuls, d'effets cheap, mais ce n'est jamais chiant et c'est plus rigolo que n'importe quel SPIDERMAN

Moi j'aime beaucup en tout cas !

L'actrice est super craquante !

• Créer...