Aller au contenu

Directors Series - 2ème vague

Steve

Messages recommandés

[img]http://www.directorslabel.com/images/cover3_bib.jpg[/img] [b]The Work of Director Mark Romanek[/b] Jay Z - 99 Problems (directors cut) Linkin Park - Faint Red Hot - Chili Peppers Can’t Stop Johnny Cash - Hurt Audioslave - Cochise (director’s cut) No Doubt - Hella Good (directors cut) Mick Jagger - God Gave Me Everything Janet Jackson - Got Til It’s Gone Fiona Apple - Criminal Nine Inch Nails - Perfect Drug Beck - Devil’s Haircut Weezer - El Scorcho (director’s cut) Eels - Novocaine for the Soul Sonic Youth - Little Trouble Girl Michael & Janet Jackson - Scream (directors cut) Madonna - Bedtime Story R.E.M. - Strange Currencies G. Love & Special Sauce - Cold Beverage Nine Inch Nails - Closer (director’s cut) David Bowie - Jump, They Say Madonna - Rain Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way Keith Richards - Wicked as it Seems (director’s cut) En Vogue - Free Your Mind kd lang - Constant Craving Special Features The Work of Director Mark Romanek A brand new documentary featuring Beck, Jay Z, Rick Rubin, Michael Stipe, Janet Jackson, Trent Reznor, Anthony Keidis, Gwen Stefani, Keith Richards and others. Romanekian Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Robin Williams discuss Mark’s work Making of 99 Problems Interviews and Commentaries Individual artist and director commentaries for all the music videos. 56 Page Book Includes photographs by Mark Romanek and Spike Jonze interview with Mark [img]http://www.directorslabel.com/images/cover2_bib.jpg[/img] [b]The Work of Director Jonathan Glazer[/b] Music Videos Radiohead - Street Spirit Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity Richard Ashcroft - A Song For the Lovers Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Into My arms UNKLE - Rabbit in Your Headlights Blur - The Universal Radiohead - Karma Police Massive Attack - Karmacoma Commercials Wrangler - Ride Guinness - Surfer (extended) Guinness - Swim Black Guinness - Dreamer Volkswagen - Protection Stella Artois - Last Orders Stella Artois - Whip Round Levis - Kung Fu Levis - Odyssey Barclays - Bull (with Samuel L. Jackson) Barclays - Chicken (with Samuel L. Jackson) Interviews and Commentaries Including Nick Cave, Richard Ashcroft, Jamiroquai, Denis Lavant, 3D, Blur and James Lavelle. Films Sexy Beast (excerpt) - You’re the Problem Interviews with Ray Winstone and Sir Ben Kingsley Birth (excerpt) - Central Park Interviews with Nicole Kidman, Danny Huston, Harris Savides, Milo Addica and Jean Claude Carriere. Tramp Paul Kaye 56 Page Book Includes photographs, sketches, storyboards and interviews. [img]http://www.directorslabel.com/images/cover1_bib.jpg[/img] [b]The Work of Director Anton Corbijn[/b] Music Videos Propaganda - Dr. Mabuse David Sylvian - Red Guitar Echo and The Bunnymen - Seven Seas Golden Earring - Quiet Eyes Echo and The Bunnymen - The Game Depeche Mode - Behind the Wheel Joy Division - Atmosphere Joni Mitchell with Peter Gabriel - My Secret Place Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence U2 - One (director’s cut) Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Straight to You Depeche Mode - Walking in My Shoes Nirvana Heart - Shaped Box Henry Rollins - Liar Metallica - Hero of the Day Metallica - Mama Said Depeche Mode - Barrel of a Gun Depeche Mode - It’s No Good Herberg Grönemeyer - Bleibt Alles Anders Mercury Rev - Opus 40 Mercury Rev - Goddess on a Hiway Joseph Arthur - In the Sun Herberg Grönemeyer - Mensch U2 - Electrical Storm Travis - Re-Offender The Killers - All the Things That I’ve Done Stuff Beck and Dave Grohl - MTV Promos U2 - The making of ‘Electrical Storm’ Some YoYo Stuff - Excerpt from a film about Don van Vliet aka Captain Beefheart Travis - Love Will Come Through (A home made video with Fran Healy) Depeche Mode - ‘It’s No Good’ tour projections Palais Schaumberg - Hockey (Anton’s first music video) Front 242 - Front by Front NotNa - A documentary about Anton Interviews and Commentaries With U2, Depeche Mode, Travis, Samantha Morton, Metallica, Nick Cave, Echo and The Bunnymen, Mercury Rev, New Order, Joseph Arthur, Kurt Cobain, Herbert Grönemeyer , and others. 56 Page Book Includes Anton’s photos and drawings. [img]http://www.directorslabel.com/images/cover4_bib.jpg[/img] [b]The Work of Director Stéphane Sednaoui[/b] Music Videos Mirwais - I Can’t Wait Tricky - For Real Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue Mirwais - Disco Science R.E.M. - Lotus Björk - Possibly Maybe Alanis Morissette - Ironic Tricky - Pumpkin Garbage - Queer Tricky - Hell is Around the Corner Massive Attack - Sly Youssou N’Dour & Neneh Cherry - Seven Seconds Björk - Big Time Sensuality Björk - Big Time Sensuality (new night version) Black Crowes - Sometimes Salvation U2 - Mysterious Ways Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away NTM - Le Monde De Demain U2 - Discotheque (new director’s cut) Extras Walk On The Wild Side - Short film inspired by Lou Reed’s song Army of Me - Animation inspired by Björk’s song Acqua Natasa - Short film featuring Natasa Vojnovic Reve Reche - Stéphane’s first short film attempt Interviews and Commentaries 34 minutes and 29 seconds of interviews including Björk, Bono, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Michael Stipe, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shirley Manson, Tricky and more. Stéphane’s presentation at New York University Film School 56 Page Book Diary of photos, storyboards, sketches and comments :arrow: Trailer : http://qt01.palmpictures.com/dlt1_q300.mov

Mortel ! J'ai déjà pas mal de travaux de Mark Romanek (Real de One Hour Photo) et d'un de mes autres dieux (après Gondry) Jonathan Glazer !! Par contre je vais découvrir le travail de Anton Corbijn et Stéphane Sednaoui

[quote="DPG"]Mouais, je me prendrais surement le Romanek, ne serait-ce que pour "99 problems", mais bon, j'attendrais probablement de le trouver pas trop cher, comme j'ai fais pr les 3 premiers.[/quote] Tu connais des sites de Z1 d'occaz ?

[quote="TortueRocket"]Le Anton Corbijn ca va être in ze pocket sans réfléchir.[/quote] Pour moi ce sera le Sednaoui même si je regrette qu'ils aient fait apparemment l'impasse sur sa collaboration avec Kylie

Par contre dans le Corbijn ya quand meme Herberg Grönemeyer et la variet allemande sérieuse ca fait un peu tache dans la playlist :D Ils auraient ptet du faire l'impasse là.. Enfin si c'est dur a ecouter, chiant a regarder, les clips du monsieur meyer sont généralement soignés donc ca ne fera peut etre pas si tache que ça.

• 5 months later...

Y'en a qui les ont pécho ?

Moi je viens de me prendre le Corbijn, j'arrivais pas à choisir, alors j'ai pris celui que je connaissais le moins, pour ne pas dire pas du tout. J'ai commencé à regarder, j'aime bien. Par contre la qualité des vidéos, c'est limite, on dirait des transferts VHS pour la plupart !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while - about a year and a half - since the Directors Label last released a set of DVDs chronicling the work of music video’s most influential directors. Since that time producer Richard Brown indicated he was working on DVDs for Mike Mills and Hammer and Tongs, with hopes of also eventually covering Shynola, Roman Coppola, Jean Baptiste-Mondino, and several rap/R&B directors.

However currently there are no DVDs slated for release.

In a short online response, Garth Jennings of Hammer and Tongs tells Director File, “I think the DL thing is over. I may be wrong.”

Asked about the label’s status, Michel Gondry says, “The situation with the [Directors Label] is transitory. YouTube is a serious danger for it, even if I like to look at it.” I have yet to receive official comment from Palm Pictures, who produced the DVDs.

Gondry says he “will” do a sequel to his first DVD, saying he has “too many things to share.” About the label he also says, “I was hoping to reach the number 10 to close it, at least, like a nice color box, but I doubt it.”

The label was originally created by directors Gondry, Chris Cunningham, and Spike Jonze as a way to celebrate the medium’s most influential craftsmen and women.

Stay tuned to Director File for further updates.

Source: Directors Files

• 2 years later...

Pour info le Work of Director de Gondry est dispo sur son site www.michelgondry.com (no comment)

1. Michael Andrews [ft. Gary Jules] Mad World

2. Paul McCartney Dance Tonight *

3. Thomas Dolby Close But No Cigar

4. Björk Declare Independence *

5. Steriogram Walkie Talkie Man *

6. The Willowz I Wonder

7. Beck Cellphone’s Dead *

8. The White Stripes The Denial Twist *

9. Donald Fagen Snowbound

10. Cody ChesnuTT King of the Game

11. Sinead O’Connor Fire On Babylon

12. Queen [ft. Wyclef Jean, Pras and Free] Another One Bites the Dust

13. Radiohead: Knives Out *

14. Dick Annegarn Soleil du Soir (released since the close of Director File)

15. Sananda Maitreya She Kissed Me

16. Sheryl Crow A Change Would Do You Good

17. The Black Crowes High Head Blues

18. Leaf Birds (MC Paul Barman and Michel Gondry) It Can All Be Taken Away

19. The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter

20. Energy Orchard How the West Was Won

* Features behind-the-scenes footage.

Other Work:

1. “The Simpsons” White Stripes Parody

2. Booker T and The Michel Gondry’s

3. Michel Gondry Solves a Rubik’s Cube With His Feet

4. Michel Gondry Solves a Rubik’s Cube With His Nose

5. Jack Black Beats Michel Gondry With His Rubik’s Cubes

6. Herve Di Rosa: “Viva Di Rosa”

7. Conan & The Big Head

8. Paul Gondry’s The Willowz: “Take A Look Around”

9. How To Blow Up A Helicopter (Ayako’s Story)

10. Forum Des Images: “L’ Histoire De L’Univers”

Je viens de le commander, on verra bien !

• Créer...